Profile: Samsung TVs
Samsung is one of the world's best-known manufacturers of televisions and consumer electronics. Based in South Korea, Samsung's history goes all the way back to 1938, when it was originally launched as a trading company. Today, Samsung has grown into a multinational powerhouse, with annual revenues in the neighborhood of US$250 billion. Samsung televisions consistently rank among the best-reviewed in the industry, and the company is known for producing quality products with long lives and strong performance.
Samsung TV Models
Low-end Samsung TVs are available for a couple hundred dollars, while high-end Samsung TVs can cost tens of thousands of dollars. The company produces an astonishing range of TVs at all price points, which is part of the reason it holds such a healthy share of the market. It offers one of the most diverse product lineups of any major electronics manufacturer in the world, and the company has something for everyone in every budget range.
Here are some of Samsung's most popular televisions:
- Samsung F8500 series plasma TV. These full-HD plasma TVs are among the best-reviewed plasma models on the market. The F8500 series offers both 2D and 3D viewing models, and are priced in the mid-range. Televisions in this series have won numerous awards for offering best-in-class value, besting similar products from Panasonic, Pioneer and other major manufacturers. If you're looking for a high-performing plasma television for a very affordable price, the Samsung F8500 series merits a long, close look.
- Samsung F8000 series LED TV. Available in numerous sizes from 40 to 55 inches, this Samsung line incorporates advanced features including voice commands, motion control and smart TV features, all for a very affordable mid-range price. The Samsung F8000 series includes features such as automatic micro dimming, which automatically corrects picture deficiencies in real time as you're watching, and clear motion rate (CMR) technology that renders fast movements clearly and fluidly. You can also stream content from other devices, including digital cameras, smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
- Samsung F5500 series and F5300 series. While the Samsung F5300 series doesn't offer smart features, is does have a dual-core processor and energy-saving LED lighting in addition to providing one of the best pictures on the market for its very modest price. If you want a model with smart features, the Samsung F5500 series is a worthwhile upgrade; though these televisions aren't packed with as many features as the company's higher-end F8000 series, you can still enjoy full Internet and peripheral connectivity for a price that delivers excellent value.
- Samsung F6300 series LED TV. These full HD smart TVs are excellent choices for consumers looking for all the latest features for a competitive price. The F6300 series is not among Samsung's most affordable models, but they do offer a complete range of high-end features for a mid-range price. Samsung advertises the F6300 series televisions as being "twice as fast" as comparable models, and indeed, these TVs do have very fast dual-core processors that make connecting with and using peripheral devices a snap. This is one of Samsung's flagship televisions, and has garnered excellent reviews from industry professionals and consumers alike.
- Samsung F5000 series LED TV. This line is a smaller alternative to the F6300 series, offering similar performance in a smaller package for a lower price. You will still enjoy lightning-fast connection speeds and full smart television features, just in a more compact package that is easier to afford. This model is a great alternative to the top-of-the-line F6300 series if you have limited space in your media room or living room, and it is also very easy to securely mount to a wall if you're looking to save even more room.
If you're looking for a trusted brand name with a proven track record of strong performance, Samsung makes a good choice. It's one of the world's leading brand names for good reason, and Samsung also offers generous warranty protections and excellent customer service.
Shopping online is a great way to save money on a new Samsung television. If you like, you can head down to your local electronics retailer to view the company's latest offerings in person, then complete your purchase online once you've finalized your decision. That way, you eliminate guesswork while getting the best possible price on your new television.
Got questions about audio, video or Internet cables? Wondering whether high-end cables are worth buying? Learn all about cable types, features and prices here: