Profile: Panasonic TVs
Learn about the Panasonic Viera series of televisions
Panasonic is one of the world's leading names in electronics, and the company produces a wide range of televisions across the full spectrum of price points. Founded in 1918 as a manufacturer and distributor of lamp sockets, the company began producing television sets in the early 1960s and has been an industry powerhouse ever since. It brings in annual revenues in the range of US$80 billion and employs almost 300,000 people worldwide.
The Panasonic Viera Series
The Panasonic Viera series is the company's flagship television brand. Its most popular models include:
- Panasonic Viera DT60 series. This full-HD, smart series of TVs is available in both 2D and 3D models and is one of Panasonic's mid-range television sets. Popular features of the Panasonic Viera DT60 series include full high definition resolution (1920 x 1080), patented backlight scanning technology, built in wireless Internet connectivity, easy access to cloud computing platforms for streaming media, and a dual-core Pro4 chip processor. 3D models come with four sets of glasses.
- Panasonic Viera ET60 series. Offering smart features including built-in WiFi and excellent picture quality, this series is a slightly more affordable alternative to the DT60 series, with comparable performance. Screen sizes range from 50 to 55 inches, which is one of the reasons the Panasonic Viera ET60 series is priced more affordably; their screens are not as large as the higher-end Viera DT60 models. Otherwise, its technical specifications are very similar, except that the 3D models come with only two sets of active 3D glasses instead of four.
- Panasonic Viera E60 series. This full-HD, backlit LED series of televisions is available in a range of sizes, and offers smart features for a very affordable price. Popular features include full LED-powered LCD display, built-in WiFi, and instant access to "the cloud," from which you can stream or download a wide range of media and entertainment content. These televisions are also compliant with EnergyStar 6.0 standards, helping you save money on your electricity bills; that is part of the reason the Pansonic E60 series is one of the company's most popular models.
- Panasonic Viera EM60 series. These sleek and slim LED TVs have a very thin profile and are excellent power-savers. Available with 39 inch screens, the Panasonic Viera EM60 series televisions have a near-perfect 176-degree viewing angle, keeping the picture sharp no matter how you look at it. Other features include full 1080p high-definition resolution, multimedia input ports, and support for V-audio simulated surround sound.
- Panasonic Viera VT60 series. Widely hailed as one of the company's best-performing models, the Viera VT60 series offers an outstanding contrast ratio, excellent resolution and a crisp, clear picture that has consumers raving. It is WiFi ready out of the box, and offers a wide range of high-end features including full 1080p high definition resolution, 3 HDMI input ports, a built-in camera, side speakers, and a touchpad remote control device. The Panasonic Viera VT60 series also has a state-of-the-art focused field drive and comes in three screen sizes: 55 inches, 60 inches, and 65 inches.
- Panasonic Viera ST60 series. This full-HD plasma TV is among the best-selling and best-reviewed plasma TVs on the market. If you're looking for an affordable television that offers strong performance and excellent value, the ST60 series is a great place to start your search. It is available in both 2D and 3D models, though some reviewers feel that the 3D Panasonic Viera ST60 series televisions lag behind the competition. However, it is unanimous within the television industry that these TVs offer one of the best pictures on the market in its price range. These TVs are highly recommended by insiders and electronics pundits as delivering an outstanding picture for a price that won't break the bank.
Panasonic offers generous warranty coverage and excellent customer service. If you're the type of consumer who prefers to stick to the safety of a well-known brand name, and you're looking for a television with a strong balance between performance and price, Panasonic has a TV for you. Compare technical specifications carefully to determine which model offers the exact features and options you need for a price you can afford, and be sure to check out the picture live and in person before finalizing your purchase.
Got questions about audio, video or Internet cables? Wondering whether high-end cables are worth buying? Learn all about cable types, features and prices here: